Choosing a smart phone these days has become a tough job for the people around the world.
Reasons would be like:
- Which Operating System should I go with? Android/ iOS / Windows
- Which is better small/medium/large screens?
- How long will the trend of smartphone continue?
- Size, weight, display, glass type etc…
- Battery Life and Price becomes one the most prominent reason to choose a smartphone.
Taking all the factors into considerations how do they find which is best among the top two phones in the world?
Fight between Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge vs iPhone 6S proves to be a quite interesting one.
Let’s make a duel between the two and see who comes on top with their features.
Samsung Galaxy S7:
It was officially released on 11th March 2016. They had their pre-orders running from 21st Feb 2016 only. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge promised a whole new features and ranges. It shows all the shadows of S6 being lightened. As always Samsung came up with Edge product, this new Edge sure looks like it has covered all the Edge cases into considerations.
Samsung Galaxy S7 is preloaded with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) . It comes with 3 different shades.
Apple’s iPhone 6S was released on 9th September 2015. Being 6 months elder to Galaxy S7. This is one such product which can give a serious fight to any phone in next year or so. iPhone has always ruled the smart phone market from many years, they have continued their domination with release of new iPhone on a periodic basis.
iPhone 6S is preloaded with iOS 8 which can be freely upgraded to iOS 9.2 or any new version of iOS. It comes with 4 different shades.
- The iPhone 6S is powered from a 2GB RAM of processor A9 chip with 64-bit architecture and M9 motion coprocessor which has already proved to be one the best chips out there in market.
- It has a display size of 4.7 inch, Apple sure wants to keep the phone size small just to be traditional here.
- The overall weight of iPhone 6S is 143g, which is almost 50g lower than iPhone 6S.
- It has a resolution of 1334 x 750, with full HD and 4K recording.
- It has an IPS display, iPhone’s been using this technology which has worked for them all the way.
- The battery is 1715mAh which is quite on lower side compared to other iPhone standard battery. Apple seriously needs to look into battery matter.
- The key feature of iPhone 6S has been the ‘Pressure sensitive display’ like pressing the screen with lighter force and doing the same with slightly more force would make different functions to work. It’s more like a zipper like experience on iPhone.
- It has a 12MP rear and 5MP front camera, its top notch been impressive clarity.
- Though having 2GB RAM, iPhones have great memory management which somewhat makes up for handling heavy resources.
- Base price is about $649 which is a 16GB memory model.
Samsung Galaxy S7:
- Galaxy S7 Edge is powered from a 4GB RAM of processor Samsung Exynos 8890, which a new model from Samsung. It looks great on paper but yet to be tested on ground zero conditions.
- It also has a display size of 5.1 inch, Samsung always kept its screen size large.
- The weight of Edge is of 152g, making it a slightly heavier than iPhone 6S Plus.
- It has a resolution of 2560 x 1440, which has the capability of providing higher resolution.
- The display type is of SUPER AMOLED( advanced version of AMOLED), there is no real winner when it comes to comparing the two display type as both are pretty good.
- Battery is of 3000mAh which is 70% more than iPhone 6S battery. Samsung has taken a good care when it comes to battery by providing fast charging feature along with wireless charging feature.
- Liquid cooling is brand new feature that will excite the hardcore gamers out there. As it has the capability of keeping the system cool during the heavy gaming sessions.
- Camera is of 12MP rare and 5MP front similar to its rival, although it claims that it is better than iPhone 6S during low light areas.
- Another key feature is being water resistant it has an IP68 which makes it built-in water resistant by having the external port as well.
- Memory here can be expanded by MircoSD card to those who prefer to have an extra pocket in their phones.
- Price is expected to be $670, a little more than its rival but the features it had makes up to it.
Although the statistics on paper looks to have an advantage over Samsung Galaxy S7, It still needs to prove its capability of ground zero level. iPhone on the other hand has proved its credibility when it’s come to reliability. Overall scenario looks like Galaxy S7 has all the armor and weapon to take on iPhone. The final choice is up to the buyer to choose the machine he/she desires.